View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 08:40 AM
Finny McCool
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2016

Originally Posted by Retractable View Post
Of course it’s wait and see. APC profiles, “friends” opinions and appearances aren’t always what they seem. The first true observation of a new company comes oftentimes after IOE is over and the confetti stops falling; the parades over.

Ask a Feb 2019 SWA hire what they thought of their earnings in 2019 due to the MAX issues. Hell, as a 25 year Captain their opinion.

They’ll recover... and thank goodness. SWA is a fine company with fine people working there but nobody could have told you this extended cramp would have occurred in their earnings.

Of course it’s wait and see.
Sucks for those junior in seat. I wouldn't feel too sorry for the rest of us. I still easily made more as a fourth year FO than I would have as a maxed out NJA Captain. Even in a very senior base I'm driving to work and holding weekends off. Captains if they desire can still double an NJA salary. The biggest impediment to SWA's expansion plans were a lack of available aircraft. With all of the recently cancelled orders, when they are re-certified my guess is the growth will be epic. Glad to see the improvements at NJA! It's all good let's hope it keeps going for all of us.