View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 10:22 AM
Retractable
Banned

Joined APC: Sep 2018

Originally Posted by Finny McCool View Post
Sucks for those junior in seat. I wouldn't feel too sorry for the rest of us. I still easily made more as a fourth year FO than I would have as a maxed out NJA Captain. Even in a very senior base I'm driving to work and holding weekends off. Captains if they desire can still double an NJA salary. The biggest impediment to SWA's expansion plans were a lack of available aircraft. With all of the recently cancelled orders, when they are re-certified my guess is the growth will be epic. Glad to see the improvements at NJA! It's all good let's hope it keeps going for all of us.

Earnings at SWA are based on longevity, seat and seniority. And you’re not a captain there.

Earnings at NetJets are based on many more variables and frankly it’s more about how much exposure to the schedule you make yourself. The rest just happens as scheduling opportunity allows for. Some months there’s opportunity. Some not. You bid your schedule and have other selected options like PTO sell back, longevity bonus or working holidays that add up. And they do add up.

The pay range is pretty wide based on many factors.