View Single Post
Old 01-29-2020, 06:34 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by eriddler View Post
Good day,

AD at 19 years, F-15E WSO, working on finishing my instrument right now with about 170hrs of GA time. Planning on finishing up in 3 years (ADSC due to bonus), and during that time getting up to CFII, etc and grabbing hours as I can.

Attempting to limit the time between retirement and getting hired by a regional. We are planning for the financial side of that impact so it isn't going to be drastic, but definitely would need to progress quickly on the hours. Primary right now is instructing to get the hours vice 135 as I want to stay with the family (3 kids), but if anyone as thoughts on that let me know.

Plan to apply for Skywest Pilot Pathway and probably others, since being an 'old' guy, need to get any benefit I can with this type of career change.

Appreciate the forum, looking forward to any feedback on my thoughts above...
Should work out. CFI experience will do the trick.

Regarding the various "pathway" or cadet programs...

Choose your regional options based on geography, upgrade, and any other less-tangibles which matter to you. Then do their pathway programs if available. I would not select a regional(s) based on a pathway/cadet program, the benefits of that are minuscule compared to other factors I mentioned.