Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2020, 08:44 AM
FlightLife
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2017

My first year at AMF: 67,000 (not including bonus)

Second year: near 100,000 (Not including bonus)

All you have to do is move up into type rated equipment and become an instructor (not hard to do). There are always opportunities to advance.

Peak season is not that bad. In fact, the schedule is the same; fly out in the morning and fly back in the evening.

I didn't TDY once the last two peaks (not that it matters; I don't mind a week flying in a new location once in a while). Some bases may TDY more than others; it just depends on pilot resources at the time.

If you don't like it here, that's fine. Just don't bad mouth the company and make up lies based off rumors you may have heard.

I carefully considered all options before coming to AMF. The company seemed to be the best fit for me in attaining my goals. If its not the best fit for you, then that's fine; plenty of other options. I read a lot of negative garbage on these forums about AMF beforehand, and was pleasantly surprised to see that a lot of it wasn't true after arriving.

I agree the schedule does suck, being that you're away from home all day, but that's just what the schedule is in feeder cargo flying. Certainly not a career job (for some it is), but I find it a great stepping stone.