Old 02-02-2020, 05:10 PM
JUNEBUG82
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2019

4020driver,

I would spend some time doing some soul searching and making sure I understood what’s really driving the desire to pursue this. If you have a true passion for flying and that’s your primary motivation, go for it and don’t look back. On the other hand, if you’re considering this for financial reasons, I think you’re best suited to stay in the business world. Having spent 20 years splitting my time between business and my flying passion, I realize I would have never had the fortitude to have long term success as a pilot if I was motivated by money. I also realize that if money was the goal, I would have been much better served spending the last 20 years focusing solely on business or pursuits other than flying. It’s impossible to predict the details of how this would play out, but if this is truly your passion, you keep a clean record for the rest of your training/flying, and you are a good person who “gets it”, there is no doubt you will have success as a pilot—whether at a midlevel carrier or major.

I know this doesn’t answer your question directly. But hopefully it adds a little perspective that is helpful...