Old 02-04-2020, 07:34 AM
Bahamasflyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2017

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
Maybe. The downside is obviously cost and also the risk of a checkride failure (I tell folks these day to mostly avoid checkrides they don't have to take, because the ramifications of failure are so high and far reaching). I know a guy who had a legacy CJO revoked after he hooked a ride... for a seaplane rating. He should have saved that one until after probation...

The upside is that if you already have the ATP, the examiner on your regional type ride has a *little* more flexibility to retrain on the spot and rewind the ride if you already have an ATP. If he chooses to use that flexibility.

I would probably only do the ATP in advance if you do have some concerns about keeping up with the pace of a jet (a citation would be a happy speed and complexity transition on the road from props to glass jets). That would give you some comfort-zone before you quit your real job.
How did said company even find out about such a bust since they ask you that before and during the interview, not after?

Unless of course he needlessly tried to be “too honest “

But yea....no unnecessary jeopardy events for me till I’m off probation at my final airline