View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 07:21 AM
Swakid8
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2015

Originally Posted by Millennial View Post
I can't believe the replies that I'm reading here. Commuting sucks. Anyone who says otherwise has never driven to work. Commuting from one AA hub to another is worse. Doing that across the country multiple times per month to sit SCR would be a level of hell I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. So the big-brain solution is to include a second leg through an outstation? It's great you have a free crashpad in CLT. What happens who you get assigned ORF and are stuck there for 9 months? Do you think doing PHX-MKE-CLT-ORF sounds like a good time? (Feel free to replace MKE with any other outstation)

You need to either move back east or go to Mesa or SkyWest. Since you are happy where you live and have two airlines that have domiciles that are drive-able for your situation, doing this commute because we seem like a cool bunch of people to work with is nuts. Finishing your degree will get rid of the major reason to go somewhere for the flow, and living in domicile will let you pick up flying for extra money, or bid non-commutable lines for more schedule flexibility.
He could always do Fed Ex and UPS PHX-MEM-ORF or PHX-SDF-ORF lol. With that being said, it the commute painful. I agree if you really want to stay in PHX, you should definitely consider Mesa or Skywest. But you can make it work if ya dead set on on us.