View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 07:12 PM
ToiletDuck
Che Guevara

Joined APC: Aug 2005

Originally Posted by Raildriver View Post
Thanks for the answer, but I was aware of the complex details part of the aircraft. The Piper Arrow does have all three. The local FBO has one for rent but I do not have a "complex endorsement" in my logbook although I fly a multi-engine turbo-prop aircraft everyday here in Iraq.

I am asking can I fly a general aviation "complex" aircraft based on I already fly a much more complex aircraft along with type rating.

Like I said, I have a high performance endorsement, but I went from that straight to multi-engine turbine after 3200 hours flying AH-64 Apaches.
When I was working with the AF these issues came up quite a bit. Unfortunately you'll still need the civilian signoff. Reason being is military avaition and civil avaition are seperate groups. It sucks I know as most mil guys are above and beyond anything joe blow civi ever hopes to be.

I remember some of the guys getting waivers or having their military licenses converted but I'm unsure. I hope others can help. Either way there is no time requirement so just do a lap around the pattern with someone and get your book signed then go have some fun