View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 01:46 PM
trip
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2009

Originally Posted by cgarunner View Post
Hello all. I'm considering Skywest in the next few years, transitioning from a Coast Guard helicopter pilot. My first choice of domicile is Denver or Colorado Springs. I know it varies, but how long do you think I'd wait for a CA schedule working no more than 15 days? Is 10-12 days/month possible? Or are there schedules that keep you home most nights (aside from reserve)? I'm looking at long-term QOL (which I define as time at home) vs. helicopter EMS, which I could roll straight in to working 7-on/7-off at $60-70k/year.
Why sell yourself short? Get in and get your 1000 hours 121 time and go to any big airline, make lots of money, much better schedules. You will not have any great QOL at any regional anytime soon. Most lines are 90 hours now, lots of work. You make a lot more then 60K at a regional but will work 16-18 days a month average. If you super senior you could in theory work about 12 days a month. You can bid local trips in domicile and be home every night, depending on your seniority of course.