Thread: DAL Class drops
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 11:15 PM
Der Meister
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: 320A

Originally Posted by Baradium View Post
You do understand that my comment about him being out of touch was saying that people would be better off staying at a regional than coming to DAL, right?

There are two things I'd like to get from UAL. Their deadhead rules and crew meal rules. Honestly I don't know of anything else.
Then I am sorry you misunderstood my response. I am just trying to help. Yeah the trips have been gummed up since he has been here. I normally as a line holder get rerouted once a month,and it normally happens on my 30 hr, and then I get converted to two shortly layovers and get nothing more. And yes it makes me angry I am not paid for my loss of trip. Then there is the number of times I have been required to call in fatigued because the operation will not stop until we as pilots say no,even it it results in a violation to me as the certificate holder. Delta has made it painfully known that they will not stand up for me with regards to 117. And they will only throw us under the bus.

But yes UAL better training pay ie 80/month first year rate. They also pay for your hotel for all of your training ...it ends up working out to about 3-5k differenc. When you considering a month of hotel you have to pay for.. Sadly Delta is the last airline to not pay for training but also pay you a proper rate while in training... Every regional or ULCC I have worked for or known of at least has the decenty of paying for your hotel in training...but not delta

Last edited by Der Meister; 02-10-2020 at 11:54 PM.