Old 02-13-2020, 07:01 AM
35Right
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by andreiblanaru View Post
Hello everybody,

As this is my first post, it's nice to meet you all

My name is Andrei, and I am a Product Manager for a learning solution dedicated to the aviation sector.
I've found this forum while doing research for a product I am helping my company bring to market.

In my initial research I saw that there is a shortage of pilots on the market and an even bigger one coming in the next few years. As I understand, the barrier to entry is very high, along with the ageing existing workforce and the introduction of new air planes to meet CO2 emissions and new technologies being adopted.

I am not looking to promote my product here or anything like that, I would like to get an expert opinion on the subject and was wondering if any of you where willing to answer a few questions that would help me develop a better product and hopefully solve part of the problem on the way.

I'm looking to find out how did you get start onto this career path and beyond:

- What steps did you take to research and apply for training or a flight school?
I just went to the nearest school to where I lived, which happened to be a University Part 141 program.

- How did you manage to build up flight time?
Flight Instruction

- Where did you get your Rating from?
University 141 program issued the certificates and ratings

- Did you apply for any funding?
I used the GI Bill and self-funding. Earned a scholarship that paid for my CFI certificate.

- How do you go about renewing and re-validating your certificates and ratings?
They don't expire.

- What do you wish you could do online that you can’t do today?
There isn't anything I can think of that could be done online, that isn't already available online in some format.

- If courses were available online would you buy them?
Ground school courses already exist online. I have used some in the past, but mostly in-person ground schools.

If any of you would care to talk about the subject and answer some of the questions above, that would honestly help out and is truly appreciated.

Thank you for any help.
See embedded answers.