Old 02-15-2020, 07:07 AM
KIGECA97531
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2019

Originally Posted by ZapBrannigan View Post
How about Allegiant? Just for the metal. They’ve got a fleet of new and used buses. Paint SWA on the side and start plugging them in to the city pairs where the Max was intended. December 31st Allegiant ceases doing business. January 1st it’s all SWA with a 5 year fence around the Bus to give them time to integrate the operations. Just spitballing here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With Allegiant they would get:

~100 Airbus 319/320, 13 of them factory new. The handful of oldest ones are relics of the late 80s. Most frames from the mid 90s. Roughly 70% of them are owned free and clear by the company.

Aircraft, Pilot, FA, MX Bases in LAX, LAS, BLI, IWA, VPS, PIE, PGD, FLL, SFB, DSM, BNA, TYS, AVL, SAV, IND, GRR, CVG, PIT, ABE, JQF

~1000 pilots. ~4000 FAs

A $500 million resort under construction in Charlotte Harbor, FL, opening date mid 2021
A travel agency that makes more money off hotel/rental car/cruise/event ticket packages than it makes operating an airline alone

The most profitable and uncompetitive route network in the USA. More money made on incidental fees than fares.

Naming rights for the new Raiders stadium in LAS

3 Dave&Busters style gaming centers 1 in Flint, MI, 2 in SLC areas.

A golf course tee time software company currently up for sale

$2.69B market cap. Stock price $165.45. Most analysts call it massively overvalued. SWA would have to pay quite a premium above that. The largest shareholder is Maury Gallagher, the founder and CEO. He owns roughly 40%. This company is his baby, and he's not motivated at all to sell.

Most of the above would be completely useless to SWA. Some of it could be sold off. Maybe ALGT would sell the airline and keep the travel company and resort? If not, SWA would have to integrate/shutter/divest most of the company. $2.5B is a lot to pay for 100 used jets, but really only works out to about $25 million per airframe. I guess it's doable, but wouldn't make much sense. I guess it would get SWA back into the small market game they've mostly abandoned in the last decade or so.