View Single Post
Old 02-16-2020, 08:28 PM
Longhornmaniac8
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2017
Position: Guppy

Originally Posted by OrthoPilot189 View Post
Just giving an update. I am 12 days away from reporting to Indianapolis for my ATP/CTP course. I still haven't gotten my travel plans but my recruiter says to plan on leaving on February 27. Republic says I will receive my travel plans approximately 3 days before I need to report.

Earlier this week I official hit the 1500 TT requirement for ATP. I will not have enough cross country time to get an unrestricted ATP. However, all of my other requirements have been fulfilled. I have one week left of flight instructing. It has been an enjoyable time flight instructing. I have learned a lot about it over the last 12 months.

My official INDOC date is schedule for March 10. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. This is a childhood dream that is finally coming true. It has taken many years to get here but it is finally here. I can't believe I have done it. This is what I feel I was born to do.
Congratulations! You should be extremely proud of the hard work you've put in to this point. You've got a great attitude about your time instructing (a sentiment I share); carry that with you through training here and beyond. Those like yourself that are motivated and willing to put in the work will not struggle to make it through.

As a fellow childhood dreamer, the first time you push the thrust levers forward with the runway ahead of you and a load of passengers behind you is a rush that can't ever be described or duplicated. There will always be naysayers and negatives, but we are truly fortunate to be able to do what we do. It beats the hell out of working for a living!

I look forward to seeing you out on the line! Welcome to Republic!