View Single Post
Old 02-17-2020, 06:35 AM
jrmyl
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: 747

Originally Posted by Bufalo01 View Post
Hi Dominican!! I been reading ur posts and are very informative for the people as me, that would like to work for this company.
Sadly the reality of how the things are being managed for the US mayor are very different to the way everyone on this post is mentioning.
The flows from the regionals to the Majors while u work for any of their express companies is just a big lie.
they want to keep the union quite and the pilots under the promise of career pathway but is just not true.
They interview 20 pilots and just take 2 of them to keep everybody quite.
Their goal is to hire the people from the street or steal pilots from the competence( other airlines) and if u don't have a 4 years degree u look dumb for them, and 9 out of 10 they wont hired u.
I'm flying for one of the express for a year now, and I've applied with all of them since long time ago,and still there is nothing.
So i think is better to wait with 90K a year being there than wait here with a lower salary than an uber driver.. and ruining ur personal life holding reserve for a year...
I've applied with crew and i hope i can join soon.
Slds hmno.
Wait, you've only been at a regional for a year? And you are confused why a major won't hire you? C'mon. A year is nothing. If you still haven't gotten any interviews within 5 years then you should be looking for this job. If you really want to get out of the regional, go apply at one of the ACMI/Freight/LCC's. Do your time there then get a job at a major.

And if you don't have a degree then start doing an online study. I have found that as a pilot I have a lot of free time that if I wanted to get another degree I could.

Just no reason to come over here from the US.