Thread: China...
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2020, 01:51 PM
The Dominican
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: 747 captain

Originally Posted by EXPAT1 View Post
Don’t gloat too much yet Dominican as all of Asia is way down. The 300+ Positively tested victims in Japan won’t help matters much. How many people in Japan now routinely avoid going outside and always wear masks when going out? This thing has potential to drastically effect Japan’s air travel demand, also Asia and perhaps the entire world also, so don’t sound so exuberant in the Expat pilot community’s demise in China. It very well could be knocking on Japan’s doors.
Gloating! What on earth about my post makes you say that I was gloating.

I've been here through SARS, The Global Economy Collaps, Followed by JAL's bankruptcy and the nationalists movement, the Labour Secretary that was hell bent into getting rid of all foreign pilots, the earthquake and tsunami followed by the Fukushima disaster, so if you think for one second that I give a 5 gallon bucket of camels urine being without a contract tomorrow, you're sadly mistaken.

But just to ease your mind a little, this is much of nothing! How many people are killed by influenza each year in the US? It is mostly about politics, our loads are nowhere near as low as we saw during SARS and just like that time, as soon as temperatures hit consistantly above 20c, this will go away.

Then you prophets of doom can look for the next "End of the world" scenario.

I've been told so many times over these last 13 years that this contract was coming to an end that now I'm actually looking forward to it.