View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 03:59 AM
Casualinterest
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by JonGoodsell764 View Post
The hat hater brigade is such a whiney bunch. Jealous much? From my understanding it’s an OPTIONAL part of the uniform. A piece that actually completes the uniform, too. But that’s an argument for another day. I guess my main point here is if you’re getting your panties twisted about what another grown adult is wearing, you’re the problem. The Delta jealousy is real over at 9E for some of you who think you’re owed something from big D. Fortunately, you’re not. Keep walking around with those orange lanyards and sweaters looking like a disheveled mess though. That’ll show them! Good for the pilots wearing both the lanyard and hat. I don’t want to speak for anyone, but if I were there I’d be doing the same thing.
Or maybe, it's simply a symbol of unity during a time we're actively trying to negotiate something for the pilot group.

Are there some entitled people? Sure. Have you ever talked to a mainline captain? Man. If you think we're being entitled over here.....

I'm sure people called us entitled when we tried to negotiate the highest pay rates in the industry. Were you one of them? Are PSA/Envoy/PDT pilots entitled for wanting to flow more? Since when is simply trying to get improvements automatically make you entitled??

For a lot of us, this is a good way for us to use the negotiating capital we've got to try and get something better. And by the way, it's entirely possible that none of the people here fighting for it will be here when it happens, we're likely fighting for the next generation of 9E pilots.

Maybe the pushback is that wearing the hat in opposition to the union campaign is essentially crossing the picket line and it makes it tougher on us to make our point. But what's funny is that I've heard more raving lividity from guys like you defending the hat than the other way. I'm glad you have a good looking uniform and look good while showing no disregard for the union you're a part of or the pilot group you work with.

I've never said one word to FO's that wear the hat, that's their choice, and I hope no one gives them too much of a hard time about it. But rather, a good discussion on the merits of the campaign. I've talked to one FO who simply misunderstood the campaign, and after we talked about it in depth he was much more on board.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited by tomgoodman; 02-25-2020 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Quoted language