Thread: DAL Class drops
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2020, 02:26 PM
170driver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2014
Position: E170 CA/LCA

Originally Posted by Phins2right View Post
Refer to what CX said. He's not alone. I commute to NYC but I'm at 70% and hold an OK line. Came in the category much better, but over the last year have been moving backwards due to those junior to me bidding off to other ER bases and/or other planes at other bases.

If you go to ICREW and look at 7ER B reserves available (Schedules>Open Time Menu>Pilot Reserve Levels) we are generally always in the black - means we can't drop trips and other things. Talk to your mentor about the sched aspect of that.

Last summer was lots of reroutes on the domestic side. Something to a level we hadn't seen. Int'l pretty much remains unscathed. A lot of our int'l routes are going to the 330. Also in NYC base our 767-400 are out of cabin mods, so they are flying back int'l now as well. Given our loss in int'l trips compared to previous years, I think we'll see the same or more amount of domestic trips this summer - so plan on it being rough, low reserves available, no opportunity to drop trips and many reroutes (especially if your trip touches ATL).

Great plane, but unless you are <50% in the seat on the B side it will be a rough time over the summer. This of course is comparatively speaking and 7ER parochial. Our bros on the airbus, 737,717 out of NYC have it worse. One leg a day transcons are not that terrible. But those are getting tough to bid in to, especially commutable on both ends. Of course network reserves the right to change things at anytime, so this could all be different 2 weeks from now. JMHO.

Thank you for the detailed response. I’m not on property yet, thinking about my initial bid next week. I have a lot to think about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro