Thread: Meow
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2020, 07:29 AM
CaseTractor
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014
Position: Pipers!

Originally Posted by Excargodog View Post
ASAP IT. Each and every time. With time, place, and if possible a recording of the voice of the perp.

Eventually the FAA will decide it’s less trouble just to have the FCC track a few perps down and permanently end their careers ‘pour encourager les autres’ (as the French say) than it is to keep dealing with the paperwork.

By the time word gets around about the second or third flight crew losing their careers, things on guard will quiet down considerably.
I’d suggest not doing this. You’d trust a government agency to do this accurately?

It would start with a time stamp and all flight numbers in that sector’s frequency range, maybe farther.

At any given time an idiot is JXing up guard, there are dozens of certificate holders with hundreds of years of professional service flying in that sector.

I for one would not want TO TRUST the FCC, FAA, homeland security, or any government agency going through a roster of certificate numbers including mine to not mistakenly accuse me of this “egregious” crime. Pulling cockpit voice recorders for all the planes in the sector, it could go there too.

I’m not saying this doesn’t need to be addressed, but it starts with each other in the plane. When one idiot is doing it, another idiot is passively letting it happen. We can do better ourselves, and should hope the government doesn’t step in to “help”. I’m afraid ASAP would just accelerate the process, possibly hurting those following the rules and/or not catching actual violators.