View Single Post
Old 03-06-2020, 09:59 AM
Sunrig
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014
Position: 757/767

Originally Posted by N0ISIA View Post
Sunrig, thank you so much for your reply.
Looks slightly more straightforward than I though. Here's another question.. Do you (or anyone) know if I can go through the process while maintaining my EASA ATPL and flying for my current airline in the UK? Just so I don't find myself suddenly without a job in case something goes wrong..
Abouth the 4-year degree, I haven't got one.. Through Oxford Aviation Academy we got the equivalent of a 2-year degree through a partnership with a University in the UK. I guess that's something, right?
It would be great if there's a way of converting my A320 Type Rating to an FAA A320 Type Rating but not sure if there's a way of doing that..
Yes you can absolutely do it that way. I did the same. Even after the conversion you will still have your EASA license independently.
For a legacy job you absolutely need to have a 4 year degree. But with your 2 year degree I’m sure you can finish a 4 year degree online pretty fast. You will also get credits for the FAA ATP. Unfortunately nothing for the EASA license.