View Single Post
Old 03-09-2020, 05:32 AM
TommyDevito
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Originally Posted by NYFinExec View Post
No one has a gun to your head, there are several here who I have spoken to who are not only familiar with my family but have flown for or do fly for one of our portfolio companies.

For quite obvious reasons it doesn’t make sense for me to openly reveal who we are given the open nature of these forums and the consequences within the security environment of today.
If this is such a high profile/ultimate security type hiring situation, using an internet forum and cryptic language is really really bad form.

Like I said, when it sounds to good to be true.................

Also, another consideration: Someone comes into a forum and advertises a "too good to be true job". Then they post "send me a PM". At some point the advertiser ask for a resume. That resume contains a treasure trove of personal information. Scammers are using very similar techniques in other forums as a way to mine information from unsuspecting people.

With a resume it's very easy to connect the dots and end up with a name, address, birthdate, email, phone number and employment history, then with a little sleuthing a SSN. This is how scammers apply for loans and credit cards in other's names.

Folks, never, ever send your resume to someone or an organization you don't know, especially someone baiting an anonymous internet thread.

Last edited by TommyDevito; 03-09-2020 at 05:42 AM.