Thread: ExpressJet 2.0
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2020, 10:14 AM
Arliss
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2016

Originally Posted by Matt1234 View Post
Are new hires required to buy certain uniform items from certain vendors or do we get a choice as long as it meets the standards?

Side note, How many were in class this Monday?
I see no one answered your first question. Hard to say. I was a new hire nearly 4 years ago and it may have changed since then. Basically, I felt pressured to buy their basic package which was 2 pants, I think 2 shirts, a blazer, a tie, and a belt with gold buckle. They then give you shoulder boards and wings. I got an additional pair of wings plus velcro shoulder boards and wing patch (for the leather jacket) from Bonnie the uniform lady for no charge. I was told it was a $300 or so package with small deductions per paycheck but I don't remember them ever actually deducting it. Maybe a mistake on their part. I then bought separately a sweater (a cut above) and a used Perrone leather jacket off eBay. Also, you'll then get $150 a year (up to a bank of $400) for future purchases, and that can be used on anything uniform related (shoes, luggage, alterations, etc). When I left Xjet last year I burned out my uniform bank on a new tote bag, new shoes, and a couple new shirts for the new job.

Honestly, the crew outfitters uniforms were garbage quality. Most uncomfortable and flimsy pants I've ever worn. I got pair of black Haggar pants; I think less than $20 on sale with my Macys card.