Old 03-15-2020, 08:59 AM
Noworkallplay
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2018

Originally Posted by BrulesRulez View Post
I was just giving the highest pay per year that I’ve heard of. Obviously 350 is not an average pay for a FO.

The HKG FDA has the ability to make the most pay but yet has the biggest group of complainers (small group but loud). Also many good people in that base that realize its a great gig. This attitude is leftover from the subic bay days. They had a cult like following that believed if we scream loud enough and long enough we will continue to get more and more. What makes it good and able to make the most is as follows.

Housing Stipend
Moving Package
Seed money
Education money
Constant Vacation buy back
constant AVA and draft
favorable tax equalization

This corona issue proved all these points above again. That base is crushing it currently. Many FO buds of mine are making wide body captain pay (350k range) and not working that hard due to drop and draft/AVA technique. They are also getting all the OIM pay kickers on-top of the draft/ava pay. I am happy they are getting all this but just wish the loud minority would zip it sometimes bc it get annoying.

By the way my buddies said the union did a survey of HKG crews 2 weeks ago and over 85% of those crews based their wanted to stay based their even under the current corona/riots situation. So numbers dont lie!