View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 09:36 PM
Air Guitar
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
When you break the contract it is $20k. Wont a person being called to the majors make a lot more than that and be able to pay that off without much inconvenience.

Also is it doable to churn out a degree during the CFI phase?

Computer Science-Can do freelance work on the side if flying slows down or gets boring. Good to fall back on if God forbid aviation tanks. Computer are and are gonna be everywhere. But getting it online might be hard as most programs are hybrids, few being fully online.

Aviation Degree From Lewis/SIU/Purdue/Embry-Riddle etc-already would get credit for ratings completed in training. Good online availability. Relevant in aviation or aviation related sub fields. May not be best best if aviation slows down/tanks.

Another option may be logistics management degree. But don't know too much.

BEAR WITH ME AS IT MAY FEEL THIS THREAD IS DRAGGING ON.
I ONLY HAVE TILL ABOUT JUNE TO PLAN OUT THIS WHOLE PATH.
IF ANYONE KNOWS OTHER GOOD DEGREES/0-HEROS PLZ PARTICIPATE AND TAG OTHERS

Thanks
You would want a degree in something that is NOT aviation related. Other than that, it really doesn't matter. Get a degree in something you wouldn't mind doing in case for some reason you are unable to fly.

I have not met anyone who started their degree as a CFI. Pay is low and if you are instructing, you would want to put focus on students and being a better pilot. Doing it while FO on reserve is a better and more common way.