View Single Post
Old 03-19-2020, 06:56 AM
Douglas89
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2019

I work in construction management and am training at a 141 school. Every company that we work with (Architects, Engineers, G.C's, etc.) have sent out some kind of memo/plan for dealing with the coronavirus.

A small airplane seems like the perfect place to contract the virus. I asked one of the staff at my flight school if they have seen anything come from management and they said no. Think about all the people flight instructors are exposed to in close proximity and then people touching the flight controls.

I think I am going to wait to keep flying until at the minimum the flight school issues some kind of plan showing how they are keeping the planes/environment cleaned to help prevent spreading the virus. There are lots of healthcare professionals at my flight school who could easily be exposed to the virus at the work and spread it to others at the school.

Just something to think about for everyone else doing training right now. The majority of the people I have been dealing with seem to be pretty lackadaisical in their approach to staying healthy against the virus. Everyone I know in healthcare has said this virus is no joke and they have seen healthy people in critical condition.... not just a 90 year old or someone who has smoked for 40 years.