Old 01-16-2008, 11:13 AM
iahflyr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006

Hey rickair and Skywestpilot1,
What do you think about this idea?

Originally Posted by iahflyr View Post
Here is my opinion. Send it back for management.
Ask for the same rates as ASA. That means $23 (or more) first year. Also about $1 an hour raise for years 10-18 CRJ-700/900 captains. And $1 for year 2 CRJ-700/900 FO's.
Then ask for a COLA to match inflation of 3%.

To bargain with them, tell them you will give back the pay raises for the 19 and 20 year max captains. Remember, EVERYONE goes through years 1-5 pay, but almost no one goes through years 19 and 20.

Your rates will be the same as ASA. I would call that a marginal contract. See what management says. If they negotiate with you and accept your offer, that is good news. Maybe you don't need ALPA (for now). If they decline your offer, it shows a HUGE reason to vote in ALPA at the next possible instant.

Skywest just aquired all the Skyway flying. That is probably another 10 CRJ's. They need to hire pilots, and this may be a good motivation to raise first year pay. Skywest management does not want to deal with ALPA. I think you have more bargaining power than you guys realize (the threat of ALPA).

Vote NO. See what management says. If they listen to you, that is good. If they don't, then vote in ALPA. It sounds really simple.
Didn't Tony Williams say that SAPA (or the pilot group) has voted down a pay proposal before, and then management renegotiated. I agree with you that you can't use union tactics, but don't you think that you could vote the proposal down, ask for some fair changes, and if they say NO, then just vote in ALPA (and then get the changes).

Last edited by iahflyr; 01-16-2008 at 11:29 AM.