View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 09:50 AM
kaputt
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2011

Originally Posted by headgs View Post
Hey guys, been lurking but first real post. I got the AIA tentative acceptance (contingent on background stuff, etc) email yesterday. I've got 2500TT with a King Air 350 single pilot PIC type, about 300hrs PIC, 650hrs total in it.

Also about 300PIC in the PC12, and 200 SIC in the G-IV. I just got laid off from my pt 135 G-IV job. I'm 25 years old, year degree, ready to move basically anywhere.

Would AMO place me in the King Air or Pilatus due to my experience on type or would that be irrelevant? Goal is definitely majors eventually, but with regionals stopping hiring this seems like a super interesting opportunity.

Thanks in advance, much appreciated.
No, as fixed wing guy you’ll head to the border and fly either a Cessna 206/210 or a Predator drone. I think in San Angelo you can occasionally fly a PC-12, but you’re main job will be the Pred.

You’ll also have to attend FLETC and become a badge and gun carrying Federal Agent. Consider that when applying as it’s not just a flying job.

Those who actually work in the agency can give you better info. I’m just someone who is still trying to build time to be competitive for this career path. What I said is mostly what I’ve gathered from folks in this thread and talking with recruiters.