View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 09:06 AM
DaveP2
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: C-17 Sim Pilot Inst

Originally Posted by cub pilot
DaveP2,
Concerning your quote: "if the trucks don't roll " When would the trucks not roll? Would you say: when there is a squall line to the west and the truck drivers refuse to depart Memphis until the squall line passes by.
Also on a side note: DaveP2, why do you have P2 with your name and not P1? Do you know that P2 freight is trucked in many instances say even from the West Coast. Another tid-bit from the last quarters earnings report from FedEx and that is: "Express domestic freight volumes decreased 3% / Dave, you might look up the percentage change in International volumes and report back to the class.
Cub,

I think you're missing the point here. You seem to be busy engaging in the "us vs. them" game; the only point I'm trying to make here is that FedEx corp as a whole depends on all of its subsidiaries for it's massive profits, not just the ground side or the air side. To get bogged down in the numbers is to miss the main point, that it is a team effort all around.

I'm not sure what's up with "P2 freight," my experience is with military cargo movement. I used "DaveP2" because my original login (DaveP) got jacked up and I couldn't post replies or start threads. No, I wasn't blacklisted either, I only had 4 posts to my credit before I started having problems. Not even you could seriously irritate someone that much in so short a time

Last edited by DaveP2; 04-25-2006 at 09:10 AM.