View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 07:48 PM
Av8tr1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: And hold

Originally Posted by cashewchop View Post
You came asking for info on the pc12s, but what you really wanted was an anonymous person that could justify you not following the OEM checklist or limitations. I really hope for the sake of your passengers you don't "modify" any other areas of the checklist or AFM to suit your preference. Good luck getting the FSDO to approve a checklist that contradicts the limitations set by Pilatus.
Seriously?? Do you have ZERO reading comprehension? I clearly said three times this was NOT an actual situation. And three times you told me to write it up. HOW can I write up something that isn't happening? This was a hypothetical situation that happened to one of our other pilots. A guy who actually was a PC-12 instructor at his last company. He is suggesting we make this change.

I also clearly said "I disagree with the practice as does my employer. I always follow the checklist but there is a strong push to stop turning on the O2 when we do our checklist."

I am not the one suggesting this. I am against this practice. I was asking for other pilots input because our pilots are considering this. I am looking to see if other pilots are doing this or if this is a known problem with the PC-12.

But since you can't "read" you have made a huge and impicilic leap of logic.