View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 02:37 PM
Das Auto
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by MikeBates View Post
Which one of you man-babies complained to the supervisors about the base consolidation? Good grief. The aviation world is a mess and you complain about a 4-5 hour drive to your new temporary base?!

Pre corona, I spent about 4+ hours in travel to my assigned plane anyway! And I live at a tier 1 base. (GAMA)
I'm both astounded and embarrassed that some people would have the audacity to complain that their lives have been temporarily inconvenienced by all of this. I can only assume that its the "hobby" pilots. The 65 plus guys that don't need a job, but don't like golf and get on the wife's nerves at home.
I already offered up my spare room should hotel accommodation become an issue where I live, and I'm more than happy to be flexible with the schedule.
Time to hunker down and embrace the suck until this blows over. Lets just hope that we have a demand for flying that will continue to produce revenue in the meantime.
There are hundreds, possible thousands of guys who would gladly switch places with us right now.