View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 03:39 PM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by Diverb View Post
I have been following and thanks to you, Mickey knows my name! For what ever reason I can't get my resume past the USAJobs screening to make it to a real person, and I have the BE300 type just not 500hrs multi time. Also my buddy who is a AIA down in Texas with 4000tt and also a MEI couldn't get past the computer screening too. I called the woman who's name appeared on the generic e-mail and was told the 500 hrs wasn't waiverable, but I know it is because Mickey told me it was.

At any rate I was very fortunate to get back to where I want to be living wise with AMO, so I'm a happy camper now. With all that's going on in the world now with the halt of the economy due to the virus, the FAA will have no shortage of qualified pilots for the next several years.
Diverb -

I'm certainly glad I could provide any information for you and other AIAs. I think most of you guys are the shinzt and I've always been sad to see the AIA position get pounded on the boards. If it wasn't for medical reasons I feel that I would be right there with you, so who knows if fate played a hand or just better timing on my part but I feel some kinship with you at least in spirit since I wanted to be there with you.

I'm sorry you got bad intel from the HR too. They DO NOT know all of the ins-and-outs and usually have to be hand fed the information. Sometimes they pass by a bit or two it seems. Over the last couple of hiring announcements many of the usual Flight Inspection required minimums were pushed aside - the ATP (though they say that it was always the eligibility for an ATP) and the 500 hr of MEL were certainly two of the former requirements which were not in play during the last few hiring sessions. At one point even the 100 hrs in the last 12 months for external hires (50 hrs for internal hires) was thought to be wavered, but at the last moment was kept in place since there w ere enough applicants whom met that requirements - so you see how even the 'requirements' bob and weave.

Depending on the manner in which you applied - meaning through which announcement - and to which office in particular if not to any and all - the requirements change. The number one applicant for a certain FIFO might not even make the list for another FIFO.

Just keep in touch with MT since you already have his ear. Keep your eye out for the 2181 announcement on USAJOBS.

Sorry to hijack the thread for a bit.
Good luck to you and your AIA brothers.
I standby to help any of you guys/gals out with whatever information I have if you anyone is interested.