View Single Post
Old 03-31-2020, 12:14 PM
Pass it on
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2019
Position: B787 CA

Originally Posted by Vernon Demerest View Post
Wow, that sounds great! Any chance we could get rid of domestic crew meals for a while and offer to DH across the ocean in coach “if 1st class is booked full” and heck, while we are at it, take a row in coach for crew rest for a couple of years “to help the company sell revenue up front”! No thanks. I did that once and won’t do so again. I hope your post was in jest. If not, go *widebody*
Vernon

You sound like one of my junior FO's flying to the UK on the 757 out of Newark. If you were in fact there then you knew how hard it was to vote on whether to go BK like all the other airlines, or be like SWA and take big concessions and keep hiring. Well, we did what we did! We kept our frozen pensions, took more airplanes, stayed out of BK court, and kept you from hitting the street. Aren't we lucky to be here today?

For those of you that hate $cabs. Sorry, I was an early 1987 hire. I grew up under an ALPA contract family. My Uncles rised me and yes I walked the picket lines with them. How many of you hired here in the last 25 years even seen a pick line? Let alone joined one.

Guys, this is going to get real ugly! We have to stick together. There is going to be massive airplanes and jobs leave the industry and it will be many years to get back to where we were 45 days ago. This industry has always eaten it's young. Maybe we should do it different this time. Retire the old to save the young, and move forward.

Pass it on