View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 02:43 PM
baseball
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2013

Originally Posted by horrido27 View Post
Here's the deal.. I never thought I had it cause I did not have the normal symptoms. The coughing got bad on Sat night/Sun morning but by Monday the coughing was so violent that I must have started damaging something to cause bleeding.
It was also on Sunday that I noticed the temp.

I could always take deep breathes so again, didn't think I had it AND I had no body aches.
I did have extreme headaches caused by the coughing.
Something also strange- I would drink a whole glass of water and withing 15mins I'd be dry mouth?!

At this point, I truly don't believe that there's any set symptoms or reason behind this *****.
I will merely say, when ya get it- Hang in There. It's a mental ***** and there will be a few REALLY rough days but if I can beat this.. you guys/gals should be able too.

Lastly, I kept quiet about this from here (obviously) but also from other social media platforms. But a bunch of guys from the old squadron (137th AS/NYANG.. C5's!) found out and kept my spirits up. That and a handful of Angels of Mercy's (nurses) and my mental health also got better.

DON'T Lose Faith~
We will all get through this

Thanks for reading everyone~
Motch
Copy all. thanks for the info.
I hear it's very inconsistent as far as symptoms go.
My wife thinks I had it and got over it already. did two back to back S. America trips, now on days off. constant coughing for a week. She says not to go and bother the ER folks to get tested, just to wait and see if any other symptoms. No one's gonna do much for me anyway with just cough. No blood issues, no breathing issues, no fever. if I had it and am getting over it, then great. If I don't have it then that's great too. I did those S. America trips and wife put me in quarantine upstairs for 10 days to keep me away form kids and her. She not messing around as her mom is undergoing chemotherapy right now and she wants to stay away from it if she can. I feel like it's our loved ones who are most at risk right now.