View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 10:12 PM
IQuitEagle
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: B757F CA

Originally Posted by DylanHK View Post
Before any of you refer me to pprune.org - I’m not even going to try there. Lots of negativity and bias that I’d rather not focus on, plus, people on this forum seem to know more of what they’re talking about.

I understand as a pilot in the United States it’s a lot easier to just go to the majors and have a great life, but I feel like there’s more to life than hopping back and forth around the US for 10+ years before finally being able to go to Europe, Asia, Australia, etc; I want to explore the world!

The only downside would be to move from the security and familiarity of the United States.. but I’m sure that won’t be a problem after getting used to Dubai. I’ve heard the pay is also good.

So if there’s any EK pilots on here that would be willing to share their experience I would be extremely grateful to have an insight to what it’s like.

Side note - I know nobody is flying for Emirates right now (save a few) so I thought now would be a good time to ask with everyone having some time off.
If you have the experience to apply to US legacies, but want to fly widebodies off the bat, and your goal is to see the world, then you should consider FedEx or UPS over Emirates.