JohnnyBekkestad
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: B747 FO

Originally Posted by bcpilot View Post
You are correct that many people have a hard time to
1) Convert the FAA Lic to Indian DGCA &
2) Find a Job.
I am very familiar with both the struggles as a lot of my friends went through the same.

But those people are the ones who have just a commercial multi with just 200-250 hrs of flying time and they want to fly a Boeing or Airbus. And those people struggle to pass the exams and they deal with DGCA as Individual candidate.

In the case of Zoom Air, They are looking for Line Check Airman & TRE / TRI.
Those Pilots will have ATP & thousands of hours of flying time, at least a few hundred hours time on type & they will get a special permission to operate as LCA or TRE from the DGCA.

DGCA already has a provision for such Pilots to operate and it's called FATA, Foreign Aircrew Temporary Authorization.

The Individuals will not deal with DGCA, the Company will deal with DGCA & it is the company's responsibility to get all the permissions & FATA certifications.
Interesting, will they be provided with a DGCA or will they operate solely under the FAA license?
I suppose this is similar to what Norwegian was doing here, employing FAA pilots and giving them 3 years to convert to EASA.