Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2020, 11:08 AM
ZippyNH
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by Boats and Hos View Post
Because up till about three months ago, things were really good. So, why not a training contract then? Things will turn around but slowly. IMHO, if you need to ask people to sign such things then something may be wrong with your organization. The write up pages back may allude to that. Those contracts are a trap and in some States, may not even be legal but then you have sour grapes with a former employer which is part of that trap. Soon, as I’ve said, companies will make you pay for your own training including room and board. I question companies that take advantage of people during a crisis. It says a lot about a place. Yes, it’s simple, don’t sign it! No more sign on bonuses! Now you get a sign on debit.
You realize that a training agreement is only debt if you LEAVE?! It's very different than pay for Training or pay to fly....
Simply put it's to limit the people looking for short time jobs till things get "BETTER".
For years companies were asking for "gentleman's agreements" saying you would stay a year for an initial training or upgrade...
Let's face it, training resources are limited, and many people here and other places are publicly saying they will just pick up a job for a year till they are "called back"...
AMF rolled most of the turbine bonuses into the regular pay last year, so other than the "peak to peak" most of us saw the base pay go up, and the company management said it was to ensure it couldn't go away, like a bonus, and the reality is, due to taxes and 401k matches, it was a big plus to make it part of REGULAR pay.
Frankly, I don't want a bunch of short-term people causing my current company $$$ issues due to turnover in this environment.
yes...a few pages back there are angry people due to the non-typed planes NOT being included in the new bonus program to push people to upgrade when they can....