View Single Post
Old 04-27-2020, 05:18 PM
TXNFlyer210
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2018

[QUOTE=RedBull;3042804]So I have been a CFI for the past year, accrued 1300 hours and had my class date for a nice regional set for mid March. The coronavirus came and absolutely destroyed everything I was working for. I am in need of a job and have been in the hiring process for CBP. I was pretty excited to work in Aguadilla, PR, and fly for CBP until this thread. I wouldn't mind moving to PR as I am only 23 with no family. Has anything changed for the better in the program recently? Are they still primarily flying the DHC-8 in Aguadilla? Would I get it out of training? Has management changed? My plan was to join CBP and see if I liked working there, if I didn't or when the airlines get back in shape I would leave. I heard the 6 year contract isn't difficult to get out of if worst comes to worst.

Thanks

Redbull,

Why would an employer want to hire someone that is looking for ways to get out of a non-existent contract before they even get hired?

In reality since you are only a FW only CFI, you will probably be a UAS pilot. If not then you will be c-206 driver in Laredo or El Paso.

A piece of advice, try checking the entitled attitude at the door. If you were lucky enough to get through the process (background check, poly, interviews, and checkrides), you will have a job that will pay you 4x the amount you were making as a CFI.. and that’s in the first year.

Regardless of the issues with the agency, this is still a professional career... Not a stop gap like you are seeking a job as a Wal Mart greeter.