View Single Post
Old 04-26-2006, 09:12 PM
Punkpilot48
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: Jungle Jet

Originally Posted by turbovela
Hello everybody, I know that maybe this post is not the most appropriate for this thread, but didn’t know where else to put it. I’m an air traffic controller with the army close to getting my college diploma and I’m a new pilot, hoping to start a career in aviation as a pilot. I have logged close to 200 hours on single eng so far, now my question is, from this point on what would be my best choice to continue my career. To be honest I’ve been giving the delta connections academy a lot of thought, but have no input on the academy. is this a right choice, or is there a better one? What would you experienced pilots out there recommend in order for me to hopefully jumpstart my career and get a decent job? I would really appreciate any advices and comments.

Thank you,

Jose Velasco
SGT, USA
It depends what ratings you have already or not. If you got most of them then Id finnish up at a local FBO for reasonable prices then instruct at a 141 school. If you need to gett everything still then I would think baout a flight school. I would be worried about going to DCA since its owned by delta and their near future isnt exactly certain.