View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 07:50 PM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by crewdawg View Post
Whatever dude. If people in the chain would have been professionals and not leaked the info, we wouldn't even be talking about this.
Nobody in the actual chain leaked the email. It was some low-level staffer who had access to the email. Senior officers have assistants who pre-screen their emails, some are GS civilians.

That's why you only use NIPR for the command BBQ invitation.

I mean, have you ever received an FOUO e-mail and thought to yourself, this needs to be in the media ASAP? I know, I know...now that the info about this carrier is out there, we'll be seeing fighters with Red Stars over the mainland any day now...
I have seen a couple issues which I really had heartache over, and addressed it with the chain. One boss agreed and dealt with it, another told me I was right but wouldn't be getting an EOT award for calling out a flag in public. He did rank me 1 of about 30 though. YMMV.

My statement still stands, he's going to come out of this spelling like roses. I see that the CNO recommended reinstatement...I wouldn't take it if were him.
I'm sure there's an opportunity in populist media or somesuch. I'm not so sure he'll lower himself to that.

I should add that I assume he's a great guy (by all accounts he is), and had good intentions. It's even remotely possible he unintentionally wrote and launched the email from the wrong account, he likely had two, perhaps three different classification systems connected to one monitor, keyboard, and mouse.

Last edited by rickair7777; 05-12-2020 at 08:05 AM.