View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 08:04 AM
MrButter
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2020

Hey y'all,

Currently waiting for the poly to resume so I can tackle it. Chasing the July FLETC since April and May were full and delayed, July MIGHT be open and on schedule. A guy can hope. Also, there was word during our poly teleconference that there may be an all AIA academy class and they might host more AMO classes this fall since apparently AMO gets top-pick overall (that's how it appears). Anyway, exciting stuff. I'm stoked to put my BS in Criminology to some use since my airline gig folded up. Being a federal LEO/pilot sounds more fun anyway.

Anyone around here rippin' the Predator? Thoughts? The over-under right now is if you're a new AIA and wanna go FW, you're going to PR. Not all bad, except for the taxes. That being the case, I'll get cozy with UAS if there are no other openings, so long as I'm not stunting my growth. At least I'll get to be at home every night, or morning.

I've spoken with a handful of AIA's thus far, but how's the day-to-day vibe? Anyone in Sierra Vista? I hear downtime, side jobs within the branch, some flying. Are there opportunities to supplement other agencies? Chances to say join SRT -- like a beat cop who's also on SWAT? Whether we're pilots who are LEOs or LEOs who are pilots, it would be good to see the mission from different perspectives.

Any words of wisdom/caution? Things you wished you knew at the beginning?

Is there a good URL to see all the branches in the US and what they fly? To maybe target a particular branch, in time?

Anyway, happy to be here. Happy to matter.