View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 08:47 AM
Duffman
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by TaylorPilot View Post
I just read that they are reporting this morning that the phase 1 vaccine trails are looking better than expected. EVERY single person given the vaccine is producing anti-bodies at levels of someone who was actually infected with Covid-19. They are starting phase 2 now, and hope to have FDA approval for emergency use of the vaccine by early Fall. This is good news I think....
It really looks like Moderna is onto something with their vaccine ending phase 2 this summer and possibly being approved for the public next winter.

Plus JNJ is already building a facility to mass manufacture vaccines 24/7 by early 2021.
https://www.fiercepharma.com/manufac...vid-19-vaccine
I'm not sure if they're counting on the mass production of their own vaccine to eclipse other vaccines that may get approved earlier, but won't be as widely available, or if they'd be willing to partner with Moderna or someoone else to bring their vaccine up to speed faster (or if that's even technically possible, I'm not a pharmacist but I'd imagine that could be like converting a Boeing factory to an Airbus factory).

Either way, if a vaccine can be widely disseminated before the economy core locks from defaulted loans, small business failures, and unemployment, then this might be the "V" recovery we're all hoping for.