Thread: Flex furlough?
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2020, 06:12 AM
OnTheMeridian
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2020

Originally Posted by FL001 View Post
I’m perfectly happy working 10 days and getting paid for 15 days.

the other fractional yes they didn’t change but you also make 20-30% less if you’re not flying
What are you talking about? I've spent about 30% of my tour days at home. Still getting 100% pay. Still getting the full 401K match. Full benefits. Haven't had to drive because of reduced basing. And so on and so forth. And it's all been paid right on schedule, no promises to pay part of it later.

Look, I really don't care about getting into one of those 'My company is better than yours!' urinating matches. If people are happy where they are, no matter the company, then that's the most important thing. I only comment on this stuff when false information is being spread. We have taken no pay cuts. We've furloughed no one in the US. None of our fleet has been parked and mothballed. And yes, we do lose some clients to competitors, but also see a fair number of boomerang clients (they come back after leaving) as well as simply getting new clients from competitors. For obvious reasons are new aircraft deliveries have been reduced this year, but we're still taking a fair amount of them. And no, we didn't take a penny of taxpayer money to make it all work. This isn't bragging, just putting the facts out there on what's going on.

Deep breaths everyone. Things are picking up and barring any unforeseen bumps in the road we're all going to be okay. Be happy we're not in the bottom 5000 of any airline seniority list. It could be worse for us.