Old 01-24-2008, 06:48 AM
Freightpuppy
Freightmama!

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: 757/767 FO

Originally Posted by Haus View Post

1. Time & money away from your family probably feels better when any recruiter takes the paper with your name on it, even if it goes in the garbage as soon as you turn your back.

2. Why shouldn't UPS applicants just stay with their family (& computer) at home, since HR's policy seems to be consistently telling everyone to apply online, & that they can't accept items at job fairs?
1. Maybe so but if you're looking for a company that truly cares about your time spent with family, you may be on the wrong career track. HR is not there to make you feel good, they are there for the company, not you.

2. I can understand the frustration but if you choose not to attend, don't complain later when you never get a call. IMO, it's not worth it NOT to attend. UPS seems to change their hiring practices at the drop of a hat and you just never know when they might start taking resumes and calling job fair attendees.

I went to TONS of job fairs and it was frustrating being blown off (Shoot! I was sucking up to Phil D. at job fairs from the time I had 1500 TT and no PIC) but in the end it was well worth it.

Last edited by Freightpuppy; 01-24-2008 at 06:54 AM.