View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 02:16 AM
Knobcrk1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by panpanpan View Post
Had an interesting question:

If a 121 pilot is furloughed, or about to be furloughed, what is most corporate companies attitude towards this? I heard that many will want the individual to sign docs to give up their seniority number because they know once recalled the pilot will bounce. Is this true?

Also, what is the corporate hiring environment like right now? Thanks.

-PPP

Its hard to get a call at reputable places since they rely on recs. Maybe even lower end places might think you’re overqualified too. But the first thing they’re going to ask you before anything else is are you sure you want to fly 135? And they’re not just trying to scare you away... other than flying a plane it’s totally different than airline flying. It’s easy for a corporate pilot to jump into the airlines but not so much for airline pilots to jump into 135 and they know that. I think they try to stay away from airline guys for that reason. Personally I still take airline flying just for long term but day to day 135 I think was better. It was so much more relaxed and a bit more exciting because you don’t know where you’re going to end up. And if you fly a long range biz jet you could literally be on some island on the other side of the world.