View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 04:32 PM
Knobcrk1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by 2StgTurbine View Post
The OP is looking for a 91/135 job when they are furloughed. Odds are they will not end up in a gig like yours. They will probably be at an entry level corporate gig. That area is still the wild west. When my 135 company would send me to recurrent, I was nearly always paired up with another pilot from a different company. Besides the fact the my company didn't see how you can't work as a crew using two different sets of SOPs, I still remember a debate with a very experienced 91 guy who didn't want to fly the engine out procedure during a V1 cut because it conflicted with our SID. He also shut down our good engine because he failed to have me verify the fuel control. According to him, at his company the pilot performing the checklist is the one who is supposed to verify.

Most people who end up at quality 91 and 135 jobs don't transfer over to 121. It's usually the pilots from entry level 91 135 companies that move over to 121. Some of them end up struggling in training trying to break bad habits or learn new concepts. Anyone who is part of the Private Jet Pilot FB group will know what I'm talking about. About once a week someone has a question that they should have known the answer to before they ever got their ATP.
It’s just how it is in 135, that’s why I said it’s harder to transition to 135 from airline than the other way once you passed training. They expect you to work with them and not rock the boat. I’ve seen my share of stuff too but at the end of the day all they care about was if the flight was completed to the customers satisfaction. And if you’re having trouble with another guy they’ll just get rid of both of you.

This is also why they don’t prefer the airline guys because they have gotten bad habits too, maybe not flying but in the other ways they really care about.