View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 08:00 AM
Adolphus Coors
Pog Ma Hoin

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: 7ER B

Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I started in Dec and had a couple of weeks off between indoc and sims. For the 7ER it is a month of training in ATL with a type rating checkride at the end, 40 hours of domestic OE, back to ATL for a couple of days of long range navigation training and then transoceanic OE to complete the training.

I heard a rumor that the TOE is getting backed up because so many new guys are going to the 7ER and there aren't enough line check airman available to do the TOE. I talked to the OE planner yesterday and he really has his hands full trying to get all of this scheduled. I hear 7ER guys will fly domestic (on training pay) until our TOE is complete.
You will receive regular line pay when you complete domestic IOE. I was converted to regular pay the day after my last domestic OE flight.

CAUTION!!! Training pay is payed "up to date" and regular pay is payed "after the fact". So if you are switched Jan. 30 you will be payed up to date on the Jan. 30th paycheck, but you won't receive pay for the flying you do in Feb. until March. March 1 paycheck will be part of your monthly guaruntee for Feb.. The March 30 paycheck will be the rest of your guaruntee plus any extra hours over garuntee and perdiem. Long story short you may not get payed in Feb. They payed me training pay during that time, and now I pay back $300 per paycheck for 9 paychecks because they essentially payed me twice for a month.