Thread: 2558
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2020, 04:37 PM
tunes
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2011

Originally Posted by Cogf16 View Post
Wow, hostages is a tough term for where we find ourselves now. Delta has a legit(I think) need for probably about 10K pilots right now and are trying to stay out of BK. Furlough sucks and no I didn't experience it, but it is a legal and probably short term reasonable business decision. Again it sucks for anyone getting furloughed but to characterize it as "hostage taking" is a bit harsh.....
i disagree completely. If the company truly needed to save money there have been plenty of voluntary measures available, not to mention other ones that could be taken completely voluntary. They are wanting to walk back the bid, and are trying to extract something from us to do something that they need to do anyways. So they originally asked for a 20% ALV reduction months ago, and rumored 15% ALV reduction a few weeks back, and now JL is saying "well if you give us something we will walk the bid back and not furlough for 2 years". Voluntary measures could far exceed that and they have no interest. So based on that, i'd say using the 2,558 pilots as hostages is a very appropriate assessment.