View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 11:15 AM
MinRest
Mmmm wine

Joined APC: Feb 2020
Position: A220 FO

Originally Posted by Zudd View Post
I'm pretty sure NJs training is 121. Maybe I'm wrong? I don't think the FAA would let them use an AQP if it was a bunch of cowboys, as you say?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
121 training and AQP doesn't make the training harder. My type ride at NJA was probably the easiest type I have done. The training was great and very well laid out. My A320 type was one of the hardest types I have done and that was after I left NJA. A 121 jet type for a 121 operation is more dynamic and involved than the 121 training program NJA uses because it involves the gate timeline, pushing etc. and I was not used to that. Somebody who has previous 121 experience would be totally familiar with that dynamic. Where as somebody that goes from a 121 job to NJA or another 135 outfit and gets a full type, will probably think its a bit easier simply because you fire up a cold dark airplane, taxi and go. They are AQP now but there was literally zero difference in the Phenom type I did with NJA under 121, than any other 135 initial, it was the exact same.