View Single Post
Old 07-12-2020, 09:12 AM
Liketoflyjets
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2019
Position: B-58

Originally Posted by 6Badger9 View Post
Doesn’t matter if there’s only 2 pilot seats or 10 pilot seats in the flight deck; log the entire flight. If there’s a serious emergency, you’re apart of the crew and you better believe you will be helping with whatever the problem is, no matter which seat you’re occupying. Whether that’s helping with checklists, talking to company, etc...

Just my 2 cents.
Are the FA part of the crew?
Are the maintenance part of the crew?
Hell, are the pilots who are passengers part of the crew?

Are you crazy!?!?!?!?!?! I can't believe it's 2020 and this is what people are showing ignorance on.

I had no idea there were people out there logging PIC/SIC time when you were asleep in the bunk on a 10 man crew.....no wonder you had 10k hours at your post-foreign carrier interview at atlas....

Guys - the 2nd FO who is asleep in the bunk CAN NOT LOG SIC time...THAT IS SPELLED OUT CLEARLY IN THE REG
You have to "ACT AS SECOND IN COMMAND".....it clearly says "...during which he acts as second in command of an aircraft". You are not "second in command" of an aircraft when you are dead asleep in the bunk and some OTHER dude in the front IS acting as second in command.

You do realize you can't have 3 dudes be second in command at once, right? One guy is PIC, one guy is SIC, and the next guy is THIRD in COMMAND, and so on and so forth...

Again...clearly says you can log SIC when "acting as second in command"