View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 06:33 PM
SoCalPilot
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Originally Posted by BomberGuy View Post
Why are they always so pi**ed at the world..... or so it seems? I've never been in there and not heard them chew someone's butt.
Yeah, there is one controller in particular that is known for his unprofessional attitude towards pilots. He seems to always find a reason to yell at pilots when there really is no reason at all. He's already on the radar according the an FAA Inspector I've talked to and it is encouraged for pilots to report any more problems they are having with him.

As for the other controllers, most of them are actually quite pleasant to deal with, but as with many, they can get in situations where they need to be harsh or short with pilots. Considering the airport consists of about 4 flight schools with half of them accommodating foreign pilots who don't speak english especially well. Add that to the amount of airline jets and corporate jets that fly in there, it can lead to some interesting situations to say the least. I guess that's why it's known for having one of the most runway incursions in the country.

Originally Posted by CRFguy View Post
I've heard legend that one of the ladies working 9.4 lately is a hot little momma. At least that's what I like to think when they are yelling at me.
I know exactly who you're talking about and yes, she is quite the hottie