View Single Post
Old 07-27-2020, 07:47 AM
Tailhookah
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Widget Jet

Originally Posted by Ground Effect View Post
...Those alone on unpaid leave won’t be enough. I’ve turned down opportunities because of the lack of options we have.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This nails it. The company “doesn’t” want to furlough but we will probably have to. “They” care... well if they really cared, they would understand the plight that potential furlough or furlough really has on someone. Especially in our industry and line of work. But there’s no empathy. Zero. While the people on the hostage list are passing up jobs that will keep them and their families whole, the company is playing Russian roulette with us and especially with the 2558... people don’t forget games like that. I never have after I watched 925 of my fellow pilots (and myself) get furloughed from NWA, while our hours were transferred to the 50 seaters under the guise of saving money... There never has been any and there never will be any empathy towards pilots. Most people think we are overpaid whiners, especially the executives of this company. The drive, mental ability, cost and sacrifice to complete the career track to become a pilot that those critics couldn’t have accomplished or were too lazy to even try. Don’t fall for the rhetoric that we are being inundated with from JL and the rest.